Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, is the first choice of honeymooners and a much-favored destination by family vacationers. Its exuberant personality aside, the city also makes heads turn with its rich culture, some unique attractions and a huge gamut of shopping venues. Bangkok tourism will leave you swooning and drooling at the end.
Here are the top 5 things travelers love to do in Bangkok:
1. Visiting the temples: Amidst the tall skyscrapers, the sedate temples and monasteries too make their presence felt. The Grand Palace is the topmost attraction offered by all Bangkok tour operators. It is a place noted for its rich history, beautiful architecture and also for its spiritual wealth. It also houses the popular statue of Emerald Buddha which is a must-visit in any case. Wat Arun is another popular temple you must visit. If you have time at hand, then you can also check out Wat Pho, Wat Benjabophit and Trimitir.
2. Cruising along the Chao Phraya: Chao Phraya River is spectacular and grand and is, inevitably, a famous haunt of the tourists. Cruise rides on the Chao Phraya are very popular. An ideal tourist will make sure to spend at least one evening on a cruise on this river and enjoy the much-coveted cruise dinner.
3. Marvel at the Floating Market: Any Bangkok tourism guide will tell you about the famous Floating Market, one of the concepts unique to this city. The city has a few canals where vendors (mostly selling fruits and vegetables) run this so-called floating market on ferries and boats. It is a traditional method of shopping and even though its popularity has waned in recent times, travelers love the experience it still provides.
4. Shopping: Whether you are a shopaholic or not, you cannot escape the glaring neon lights and the flashy billboards inviting you to Bangkok’s giant complexes & malls. Bangkok tourism draws shoppers from all over the globe with its exciting range of stores, shops and retail chains spread over the length and breadth of the city. The famed MBK Shopping Centre should be a must-visit.
5. Trying out the street food: If Bangkok is the city for shoppers, it is also a welcome place for the gluttons and foodies. Under Bangkok tours, you can visit some really delicious corners in the city and try out an eclectic mix of cuisines. While there is no dearth of posh restaurants, you should also let your hair down and give a try to some street snacks. You would keep those fingers licking throughout the night!